Sunday, December 16, 2012

Winter Dance Recital

Earlier today Finley had her first dance recital. Since I took dance for 13 years and competed in many competitions and performed in many recitals there was definitely something special about watching my firstborn perform on stage. How am I now the Momma...fixing hair and make-up, keeping up with costumes and snapping all the pictures? Wasn't I just the one on stage, with the bright red lipstick and the hair full of hairspray? Crazy how time flies! I don't know if Finley will take dance in years to come, but for now she LOVES it and that makes me oh so happy. As long as she is involved in something, I don't care what it is.

So anyway, this afternoon my little dancer performed in the Dianne Cole Johnson School of Dance Winter Recital. Her little creative movement class danced to "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!" We have been singing that song for WEEKS in this house!






 

Opening her present from us!




Flowers for our little dancer!



Great-Grandma Gracie, Rowynn, Finley, Grandma, & Emerson

My sweet family!

We couldn't video the performance but the night before they had a dress rehearsal which we were allowed to video. Sorry about the shakiness, I was holding Rowynn and filming with one hand!





1 comment: