Thursday, December 27, 2012

Daddy's gun

Several years ago my Daddy was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Praise Jesus, it wasn't cancer and the tumor was removed via surgery and Dad was later treated with radiation. That was over 12 years ago and the tumor (they weren't able to get it all) hasn't grown back. To help cover some of the massive costs that go along with brain surgery, Dad had to sell several prized possessions, including a gun that he had for years. He sold it to his brother and over the years has tried to buy it back. Well, my brother-in-law Ben contacted my uncle a couple of months ago and asked if we could buy it back. So we went in with my sister and bro-in-law to purchase the gun. By bro-in-law also threw in a load of firewood and so graciously, meticulously, cleaned the gun for my dad. We put it in his new gun safe for him to find.


My Dad is an amazing man who has sacrificed so much for his family. It was so fun to do something nice for him!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment