Thursday, December 20, 2012

Polar Express

I love the Polar Express...like L-O-V-E it! I remember Mrs. Barnhill, our elementary librarian reading it to us and just being mesmerized. I quickly feel in love with the stunning artwork, the magical story. I bought the book several years ago and when the movie came out in theaters I rushed to see it! I've read the book to the girls several times and they love to watch the "train" movie. So when I found this cute idea from Confessions of a Homeschooler I knew we had to do it. I know that Grapevine has a "Polar Express" train that kiddos can ride and experience part of the magic, but it is a tad pricy. Although I want to take the kids, I'd like them to be a bit older so they can really enjoy it.

So anyway, we went through the motions of getting ready for bed, but when the girls walked into their room, they saw colorful popcorn and two golden tickets! They were both very excited that the tickets had their names on them. We told them that instead of going to bed we were going to load up and look at Christmas lights! We gathered our blankets, hot cocoa, popcorn and tickets and marched to the "Minivan Express!" Our conductor (Daddy) punched the tickets (he tried to punch a "F" and "R" on the girls' tickets, but it was dark and he couldn't really see...points for trying though Dad!). We loaded up and drove around looking at lights.

No kiddo is as enthusiastic as sweet RoRo. She kept saying, "Oh wow!" "Pretty Chis-mas lights!" "Oh, so cute!" "Yook Fin-ee, yook!" That girl makes me happy! Finley loved looking at all the lights too, although I think she was more interested in her popcorn and glow stick! When we were done she asked if we could go again tomorrow and look at lights. She makes me pretty happy too! And so does my sweet E-man who pretty much slept the entire time...he was obviously not impressed.

 







When we got back home I gave each kiddo a bell ornament...just like the bell in the book! Such a fun family outing. I love making sweet memories with my gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment