Saturday, November 17, 2012

Em's First Trip to Louisiana

A couple of weeks ago we took Emerson to Louisiana to meet the rest of my family and friends. It was our first road trip as a family of five, and all in all went pretty good. There were of course the stops to feed Em, let the kids potty, and roam around. The kiddie music and audio books...gets old after 5 hours. The fussiness of the two year old who kept insisting she was, "tuck" (stuck)...I kept assuring her she was not stuck, but in fact just strapped into her car seat and had to remain there. But she thought we would enjoy hearing her cry/scream/fuss for two hours. But generally a pretty good trip. I'm so glad my kids are good riders. We make that trip A LOT!

Pacis...check. Blankets...check. Lovies...check. Here we go!

My grandparents meeting their first great grandson!
My grandparents came over Friday to meet little E. We hung out at my parents house, did a bonfire, and let the girls roam around the country. They had a great time! Saturday we went to my grandparent's house where we were treated to a delicious homemade breakfast! We then went across the street to a local festival. In Louisiana we have festivals ALL.THE.TIME! I was so glad the girls got to experience some small town life. The Freestate Festival was a lot of fun. I think the last time I was there was in 2001 when I was Teen Miss Sabine FreeState! The girls LOVED the little parade. Rowynn had this look of pure joy on her face. She was so giddy! They both got a kick out of people throwing them candy! It was so fun to watch.
Me & My little man. Him was snug as a bug!

My dad, me, and E-Man. And that's Sarsaparillas in our hands!

RoRo & Aunt Sissy

Finley waiting for her candy!

Kyle and his Sarsaparilla.

I don't think I've ever seen this crazy smile! She was so tickled!

Throwing some candy!



My kiddos have the best Aunt Sissy!

My sweet girlies!

They were dancing! So glad my kids have such a fun daddy who will dance and skip with them in public!

Mimi & her grand boy!


 
 
 
 
After the festival we had lunch out where my aunt met Emerson! Then Aunt Sissy & Uncle Ben took the girls to my aunt's church for their family festival. The girls bounced in bounce houses, rode golf carts, played with kiddos, and ate cotton candy! They had such a fun time. Sunday we went to my parents' church and got to see some sweet friends! I wish I had taken more pictures...but sometimes with three little ones I forget about the camera! They keep me pretty occupied! It was a super fun weekend and I'm so thankful for my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment