Saturday, September 8, 2012

Armstrong Reunion 2012

Labor day weekend my mom's side of the family gathered once again to celebrate the awesomeness that is the Armstrong Family. We've been doing this for years and each year it is so much fun! We rent out The North Toledo Bend State Park and spend the weekend relaxing, eating, laughing, talking loudly, enjoying nature, eating, front porch swinging, swimming, story-telling, eating, answering the question, "who do you belong to?" playing games, catching up, eating, eating, and eating some more.

I just love that crazy bunch of people. I've mentioned before that my grandma has 20 siblings and therefore we are a large, loud bunch. We love each other fiercely and have strong ties to who we are and where we come from. I've grown up with these amazing people who have helped shape me into who I am today. I've got 2nd and 3rd cousins who are more like my 1st cousins, and my crazy Great-Aunts & Uncles are some of my favorite people in the entire world. I love that we've made an effort to keep the spirit of family alive. For as long as I can remember we have gotten together in February to honor my great-grandparents, to celebrate Easter, for our labor day reunion, Thanksgiving & Christmas...and of course someone is always getting married, graduating, or having a baby! We stick by each other and make family a priority.

Here are some pictures from that weekend.

 
Our cabin :)


Dad, Auntie, Mom, Finley, Stacy, and Rowynn made "pink" cupcakes!

The best part!

My grandma with two of her sisters; Aunt Mary & Aunt Hat

How many kids get to know and play with their FIFTH cousin! Love it!

Daddy & RoRo haning out on the porch

The craft box was a huge hit with all the little ones....and the big ones too!

Aunt Sissy & Finley

Some of the preggo girls in the family
Ashley: Due in December with her second son
Christina: Due in November with a BOY & GIRL! (Bentley & Marlee)
Nina and her second kiddo, a sweet 4 week old girl, Karli
Kassie and her third kiddo, a sweet 5 week old girl, Lincoln
And me with \baby #3, Emerson

There's also April who is having her second and first boy in December, and our cousin Tony will have a daughter. That's 8 babies within a 5 month time frame.

Uncle Jay & his son Jonathan. Finley took this picture!

The food for Sunday!

My cute girlies!

RoRo and her corn....

Aunt Neil, Uncle Don, Aunt Bet, Aunt Darlene, Aunt Hat, and Aunt Jo
(Most everyone had left at this point, so this is just a few of the "sisters"...and brother!)

Aunt Hat with some of her crew!

"Momma, take a picture of me!"

My sister & bro-in-law (who can't smile for pictures to save his life)


Some of the family...most everyone had left by this point, so it's just a few of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment