Tonight we tried a yummy Paula Deen recipe, Cajun Stuffed Bell Peppers.
1. First you'll need red and orange bell peppers, de-seeded, with the tops cut off.
2. Next mix cooked rice, black beans, ground meat (we used ground turkey), chopped spinach, celery, Tony's (if you don't know what that is, I will say a prayer for your soul...it's Tony Chachere's creole seasoning), onions, tomato sauce (which we forgot...and it probably needed it), and garlic.
3. Find a cute little helper to stir all the ingredients together....
4. If your cute little helper is a toddler, you might want to jump in and supervise to prevent her from eating the uncooked meat...
5. Put the peppers in a casserole dish, with a little bit of water in the dish. Next, scoop out the stuffing mixture and place in peppers.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees and then loosely cover with foil and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.