Thursday, July 25, 2013

The 4th

We had a fun few days celebrating the 4th of July this year. The week before the girls and I made several patriotic crafts, we talked about our country, flag, and recited the Pledge of Allegiance several times. On the 4th we made Patriotic Cupcakes and joined some friends at a Freedom Festival that featured food trucks, games, bounce houses, a band, splash area and of course fireworks! We enjoyed walking around and cooled off with some Kona Ice Sno Cones. It was actually a nice night, not hot at all. We found a spot on the hill and the kids ran around playing with their glow sticks and later we all enjoyed the beautiful fireworks.

The girls loved decorating cupcakes!

The flags they made.

Straw painting!

Stamping Stars


Festive!
Ready to go enjoy the Freedom Festival!

My cute little guy!

My bestie Maile with her boys and step dad!

My crew...one day they will all look the same direction!

My lovey bug & me!



 

 

The next day, Friday, the family loaded up and we drove to Louisiana to spend the weekend at my parents house. That night we celebrated several family birthdays, my sisters, her hubby, and his brother and grandma. My grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, and brother-in-law's family all joined us for hot dogs, hamburgers, and lots of yummy goodness. The kids splashed in their small pool, we all rode the golf cart, and did fireworks. Super fun night!

Riding on Mimi & Papaw's golf cart! Super fun!

My parents got the kids a little pool!

A rare picture! My honey & me!

Fireworks

Blowing the candles! We were celebrating 4 birthdays!

Rowynn & her best bud Millie :)


The next day we all went out on the lake in the family pontoon boat. Such fun! I grew up going to the lake every Sunday and we still go out every fourth! I love traditions!

My handsome fellas!

So relaxing!

Fried chicken and the lake go hand-in-hand!

Rowynn catching some sun with Aunt Sissy.

Yes that is my Daddy jumping off the top of the boat! Love his kid like spirit!

My beautiful sis!

My sweet sunshine :)

Haha, love this pic! My hot mess girl!

The lake wore this little guy out!

Feeding the ducks that live across the street from my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment