Tuesday, September 27, 2011

One

Today my sweet Rowynn Faith turns one! I can't believe how fast the past year as gone by.

A little after midnight Kyle & I snuck into Rowynn's room and very quietly sang Happy Birthday to our sweet girl. We've done this for both of Finley's birthdays and it such a fun tradition. Kyle & I sneak in there, he puts his arm around me and we quietly sing to our girl. We watch her sleep so peacefully, so care free, so innocent, so lovely. We marvel at how wonderfully she is made. We think through the past year and wonder why time has to go by so fast. We thank God for her.

And we snap a picture of our sleeping beauty...



We set-up this little treat for our birthday girl and big sister! Found the idea on pinterest and loved it!

Streamers, lights and a hall full of balloons!

Balloons!
Is all this for me?!?!

Exploring her surprise with Dada!

Twinkle ligths!

The birthday girl got to have special chocolate milk in her big girl chair!

Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Powdered Sugar :)

This is some good stuff!

Big sister throwing the balloons up for her sissy!



Finley kept saying, "Happy Day Rowynn!" It was so cute!



Dear Rowynn/RoRo/BoBo,

Hello my sweet girl. Today you are a whole year old. I can't believe that you are already one. It makes momma so sad at how fast you are growing. You were our little surprise, and I can't think of a better blessing! You are such a sweet cuddle bug. You've turned into a bit of a momma's girl, and I can't say that I mind too much, I love it! Little RoRo, you are such a chill kiddo. Pretty content and laid back most of the time. You eyes light up when you see your big sissy and you love watching for Dada to come home in the evenings. I love that you've started giving kisses when asked, they are the best! You also love clapping your hands and dancing to music. It's so funny and cute watching you dance and rock back and forth to the beat, makes me laugh! You've given up your bottle (not so willingly) but still cling to your paci. You know the sign for "milk" and can stand for a few seconds at a time.
Shaking your head "no" when you don't want something is a new thing you've started doing and it's pretty neat that you've started communicating with us, just means you're getting bigger! You say "momma," "dada," "bye," and "nigh-nigh." You love putting objects/toys into different containers. You also enjoy clapping, playing with shape toys, coloring, picking out books for us to read together, climbing in my lap, snuggling with blankets, and eating markers...

You are such a sweetheart. I love you so stinkin' much. Every night I rock you and sing to you...

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

I love you something fierce Rowynn Faith Davis. More than you'll ever know. And then some. Happy birthday BoBo.

No comments:

Post a Comment