Monday, October 4, 2010

She's Here!

Well, a week ago today, our lives changed for the better when we were blessed with our second baby girl! Rowynn Faith Davis was born on September 27,  at 6:27 a.m. She weighed 8 lbs .06 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. It has been a whirlwind of a week!

Here is a picture of me with my new girl, and my mother-in-law, my hubby, and my mom! They all got to see Rowynn being born!


Last Sunday night Kyle & I checked into Baylor Carrollton to start the induction process. The plan was for me to be given some medicine to "prep" me for induction and then 12 hours after that (Monday around 10 am) I was to be given pitocen to really start the induction. Well at 10 a.m. Monday morning, Rowynn was already a whopping 3 1/2 hours old! When we got there I was dilated to a two. At about midnight, after a couple hours of painful contractions, I was dilated to a three. The nurse decided to go ahead and stop the medicine, so I could just progress on my own. I had a quick labor/delivery with Finley so they knew I would go fast again. At about 4:30 the next morning, after a night of no sleep, no food/liquids since 10 a.m. the previous day, and very painful contractions, I asked for an epidural. I was now dilated to a 5. Well an hour later, I was feeling some pressure so the nurse checked me and informed me that within an hour I had gone from a 5 to a 9. It was almost time to push! She called the doctor and we called our parents. My mom and Kyle's mom rushed to the hospital and my dad stayed at the house with Finley. Everyone made it just in time and after a short while, Rowynn Faith entered the world!




It was so surreal. Part of me was so tired and a little disoriented. When I had Finley, I started having contractions about 9 in the morning, ate a good lunch, went to the hospital, and she was born at 8:19 that night. When I delivered Finley, I did it on a good night of sleep, after eating a good meal and was fully rested. With Rowynn, I hadn't eaten or slept, and since I progressed so fast, my epidural hadn't taken full affect. However, I was so overjoyed and happy that she was finally here; I just remember singing to her and cuddling her.



We were able to come home a day early, on Tuesday. My mom & dad were able to stay with us the whole week, which was a HUGE blessing! My sister and brother-in-law came in on Friday and left with my parents on Sunday. We also had close friends from Houston, Aunt Tina, Myca, & Courtni, come on Saturday. It was amazing having everyone here to meet our new little baby. I couldn't have done it without everyone. It was such a blessing to have help with the cooking, cleaning and diapering. Finley had lots of people to entertain her, and Dad was able to help Kyle finish some much needed projects around the house. More importantly it was nice getting to hang out with my family for a whole week! That rarely happens and we usually only see each other about once a month or so.


Our new family, ready to go home!



We are so very thankful for all the well-wishes, prayers, sweet comments, phone calls, texts, visits, etc! We've got some amazing family and friends and we love you all!

---

And so, life in the Davis household is busy finding a new normal. We had gotten into a good little groove with Finley, and now we are adjusting to having two sweet girls at home. It has been an amazing week and I adore my new cuddle bug. Change is always hard, and we are definitely trying to get into our routine. But no matter what is changing, God is constant and I'm holding onto that. I love my little family more than words can say! So even though everything is kind of crazy right now, it's a good kind of crazy. Finley is adjusting well to her little sissy. She wants to hold and kiss on her all the time. It's so cute! I'll post more tomorrow about Finley and how she is doing.


Kyle & I are doing good, a little sleepy.  Kyle has once again amazed me with his love and devotion to this family. He has changed more diapers than me and has gotten the swaddling thing down to an art. We both are just crazily in love with our sweet babes and with one another. I couldn't do this whole parenting thing without him as my partner!

The Davis Family
Kyle & Wendy
Finley, Rowynn
October 3, 2010


5 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! I'm a writer friend of Kyle's. The baby is beautiful! Glad to see you made it through another labor. I've been through four so I totally understand. LOL. You both have a lovely family. Make sure you keep Kyle writing. He's awesome. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad she's here and that you are finding your new normal (as if life is ever normal). I'd like to bring you dinner some night. I'll email you to see what you need and what works best for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPPY!!!! What a huge blessing! So happy for you all :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! My youngest is two so I'm pretty sure you got your hands full.

    ReplyDelete