Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Little Big Girl!

Finley is now the big girl in the Davis household, which is crazy, because she's still so tiny. Or at least I thought she was tiny until I saw her next to Rowynn and almost cried at how big she's really gotten. Today my little Monkey Butt is 16 months old. I can't believe how fast she is growing. Yesterday Rowynn was a week old, and I swear it feels like Finley should still be that age. It really does go by fast, doesn't it? Too fast...

Finley is adjusting quite well to her new little sister. She likes to put her head next to Rowynn's head and say, "Awe, bebe." She also wants to touch, yank, hold, pet, and kiss her little sister. I border between be terrified for Rowynn's safety and in awe at my little big girl's love and sheer sweetness. She has tried to feed Rowynn goldfish, given Rowynn her baby doll's bottle and taken her paci. When Rowynn cries, Finley reaches for her and cries. And the cutest thing is to hear Finley talk to Rowynn. She has her own special Rowynn voice. It's like a high-pitched squeally voice, like she's talking baby talk to Rowynn. So stinkin cute!!! And the other night Finley gave Rowynn her paci, as in Finley gave Rowynn, Finley's paci...which in Finley's world is HUGE! Here is some of my favorite pics of my girls!



Getting her first peek at her little sister!



Snuggling baby sister


Giving kisses!



Hi baby!!



Here you go, I'll share!


More on my little big girl....

Finley is changing everyday and learning all sorts of new tricks. I'm amazed at how much her vocabulary has grown. She seems to learn a new word or phrase everyday!!! She is such a little momma; she takes care of her baby doll, helps with the laundry, loves to clean with paper towels, tries to sweep with the broom, likes to help put soap in the dishwasher (or try to), and puts dishes away. She's so silly,  laughing when she or someone else sneezes, burps, or toots! She is an excellent kick ball player, loves to stack blocks, can dance like no one's business and loves to be outside! She also has the new game that she plays called "Who wants me..."





I love both my little girls so much! It is so amazing have two daughters.

Finley,

I am so proud of you and at how good you've been to your little sister. In the past week your little world has changed so much and you are still the silly, giggly, loving, sweet girl you've always been. It is so amazing to see you interact with Rowynn. You love her so much and light up when you get to hold her. You are sad when she is sad, and happy when she is content. I can't believe how much you've grown in the past 16 months. You bring so much joy and love to this family. You are so funny and silly!!! I love you more than you'll ever know little girl, and I have so much fun with you. Thank you for being an awesome kiddo!!!

Love you something fierce,
Momma



Rowynn,

Yesterday you were a whole week old! You are such an amazing tiny little baby girl. I love your sweet snuggles and seeing your pretty eyes search mine. I love how you smell and how you seem so content in my arms. You are just a pure joy and I could watch you every second of every day. I love you so crazily much! You've only been here for a week and already you've got everyone wrapped around your teeny-tiny finger. Everytime I look at you, my heart skips a beat and I thank God that His plans aren't our plans. I am so thankful that you are here and healthy. I can't wait to get to see your personality develop and get to know you more. I feel so blessed that I get to hang out each day with you and your sister! 

Love you something fierce,
Momma







No comments:

Post a Comment