Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 5, 2011

On Sunday, June 5, 2011, Finley Rose Davis turned 2!!! I can't believe that my sweet girl is two! Time is going by way too fast. I feel so blessed to be the momma to such an amazing girl. She is so thoughtful and amazes me with her love for others, kindness, helpfulness, and zeal. She is such a joy and I can't believe that I get to spend my days with her and her little sister. I sure do love my girls!

So on Sunday, to celebrate her big day we had the most marvelous lunch cooked by my grandma, grandpa, Kyle and me. We had roasted chicken with rosemary potatoes, fried okra, squash, cornbread, green beans, fresh sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, corn on the cob, and momma's sweet tea. And all of the veggies were from my grandpa's family farm. They.were.so.yummy.

After lunch my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and grandparents, along with my little family, took a train ride into the West End, near downtown Dallas. The train station is about 5 minutes from our house and the train ride took about 20 minutes. It was super cheap and super fun. Finley absolutely LOVED it! She had so much fun.

Here we are waiting for the train!

Here it comes!!

Dada & Rowynn Faith

Riding on the train!


Papaw & Finley. She loved looking out of the window!

My wonderful grandparents!

Mimi & Papaw with sweet RoRo!

My big 2 year old!!

Once we got to our stop we headed for a little shop that sold candy, ice cream, and coke floats. Perfect for this Texas heat!

Finley loved her "pink ice ceam!"


Once we got home my family had to leave...sad...Finley did not like everyone leaving. But she was okay once we got in the pool! After a nice, cooling swim. We released her butterflies!


"Bye-Bye Boo-flies!"

After she said goodbye we loaded up the crew and headed to Fuzzy's Taco Shop..yum-yum! We then came home and let Finley watch her favorite movie, Tinkerbell.

It was such a fun day celebrating Finley Rose!!




Sweet girl,
I love you so stinkin' much! More than you'll ever know. I am so glad God choose me to be your momma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment