Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rowynn's 3rd Birthday...Froggie & Favorites

Our sweet Rowynn Faith turned 3 and we had a Froggie & Favorites party the next day to celebrate!



For the past couple of years she has been obsessed with her frog Scentsy buddy that her Aunt Tina got her. She loves frogs and the first color she learned was "froggie" (green). So we decided to do a party around her love of Mr. Froggie and her purple Ellie, while also incorporating some of her other favorites.


Our sweet girl in her chair! They love these chairs and they make perfect birthday "thrones!" Notice the cute little froggies on her shirt.

The color scheme of the party...all her favorites! With of course polka dots, another favorite.
 The Food:

We featured all of sweet girl's favorite food! We had "hoppin' poppin' chicken" (chick-fil-a nuggets), "Frog Logs," (crescent roll hot dogs), "Fruit w/ pond dip,"Cupcakes, cookies in the shape of lily pads, frogs, and purple flowers, "Lily Pad Chips & Dip," pretzels, popcorn, and a make your own trail mix that included her favorite snacks-green M&M's, goldfish, mini marshmallows, cheerios, and green gummy bears.


 
 

First time making cupcakes for the party...usually I have a sweet friend who makes them.

One of my Mom's friends from Louisiana made these adorable cookies!

Rowynn's Trail Mix
 
 
 
 
 
To drink: Lemonade & Frog Juice (kiwi strawberry juice)
I found these mini frisbees at Party city, turned them upside down and added some plastic frogs from the dollar store.
 
 
Games/Activities:
 
Since Rowynn LOVES to cook/bake one of the activities was to have the kiddos decorate their own cupcakes. I set aside some frosting and had lots of different sprinkles on hand. They loved it! I also at frog hats (thanks Maile) and frog aprons (dollar tree) for them to wear to protect their clothing.

 
The birthday girl with her cupcake!
 
Make a wish!

 

 

 
 We also did a "Lily Pad Hop." Basically musical chairs with lily pad cut outs I got at the dollar store this past summer. I placed some lily pads on the floor in a circle and we listened to the "Frog Song" while the kids hopped around. I made some of the big kids--my sister (she's 25), my dad, and Terrance put a balloon between their knees so they had to frog hop. This was a huge hit. We played it several times and the kids loved it.
 




Swat the flies was another fun game. I found this ridiculously cute frog bubble machine at Walmart over the summer. I had no idea how I was going to use it at the party when I bought it. I just knew that it was cute, green, and a frog. And that Rowynn loves bubbles. At the same time I found green frog shaped fly swatters in two packs. Picked them up too. A few days before the party I got the idea to have the bubbles be "flies" that the kids had to swat (pop) with the fly swatter. THEY.LOVED.IT.  And the bubble machine was pretty awesome...it produced some major bubbles.




Kiss the Frog. I found this free printable online and it was simple and fun. They had to pin the lips on the frog...pretty sure we had some cheaters!

Feed the Frog. I found this frog bath toy organizer and knew I could use it for something! Well I hid plastic flies around the house and the kids could search for them throughout the party. Once found they would take it to the frog and place in the mesh pocket. They got a chocolate coin (another one of Rowynn's favorites) each time they "fed the frog."

 
 
 
Party Décor:
 
 

 

 

 


The lyrics to her favorite song, "You are my Sunshine," are in the white frame, her name canvas, Mr. Froggie & Ellie, some of her art work, green flowers, a sparkly "R," banners, and frog toys.

 
 Favors:

Each kiddo walked away with some pretty sweet favors! I'm a sucker for favors, they're my favorite part. They each got: a frog hat, a frog apron, a pink princess wand, a wooden fire truck (Rowynn has a slight obsession with fire trucks), a frog snack cup, a plastic jumping frog, and a CD with a ton of Rowynn's favorite songs (over 20 songs)!

  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Party pictures!
 
Aunt Tina & My Mom. They have been friends forever! Tina and her girls always make the drive from Houston to celebrate our kids and of my Mom (and family) make the long drive from Louisiana. Blessed by some awesome family!

Dad w/Myca & Courtni

Aunt Sissy & Emerson. Even Emerson had on a froggie outfit!

My precious grandparents! They make the long drive from LA every birthday too!

 
Presents!!!!
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 It was a wonderful party and I'm so blessed by a sweet husband who loves planning with me and my awesome family and friends who help us celebrate our kiddos!!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment